Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Renaissance

A rebirth of A View from the Blue since I now have a life again!

And a rebirth of my listening to The Civil Wars (see my first post about them here) because I just saw them again in concert at Bonnaroo and they were fantastic!  The crowd was so energetic--Joy and John Paul had to cut off the applause between each song because everyone just kept cheering--yet so attentive during their acoustic sets.  I just don't know if I've ever been so hypnotized by a band before.

The song below, "Oh Henry," will more than likely make an appearance on their second album, which they will start working on in the fall after Joy's maternity leave.  It's been many years since I played piano or studied music, but there's got to be either a shift from minor to major between the verses and the chorus, or maybe it's just a key change.  Either way, I like it.

The video is from last year in Georgia, but I really liked the story Joy tells at the beginning about the making of the song.

No comments: